The bullet sign can be in many different forms, including round, square, diamond, and arrow. bull is a type of typographic symbol or character that is used to represent entries in a checklist. Typical word processing software has a large number of shapes and colours.
In ASCII-only text or other situations where bullet characters are not accessible, normal symbols such as * (asterisk), – (hyphen),. (period), and even o are commonly used. The bullet point meaning was somewhat similar to the index sign showing a hand with a pointing index finger and was historically popular. Bullet point symbols are used to highlight vital information inside a document so that the reader may easily identify the major themes and facts.
Bullet Point Symbol 2022:
Copy & Paste
All Symbols that can be used for bullet Point:
How To Use These Symbols:
Copy and paste the bullet Point symbol in just one click. Just click on the bullet Point symbol copy button next to it and insert it anywhere.
Unicodes For Bullet Point Icons
|• bullet symbol||U+2022|
|‣ triangular bullet symbol||U+2023|
|○ white circle symbol||U+25cb|
|● big dot symbol||U+25cf|
|◦ white bullet symbol||U+25e6|
How to Insert Bullet Point Symbol in Word
Creating a bulleted list in a document is probably an everyday task. However, there isn’t only one way to do so! Look at a few ways you can add a bullet point emoji in your documents:
1.Use the Symbol Dialogue Box
You can simply put this symbol into your Word document using the Insert Symbol dialogue box.
- Insert the cursor where you need the symbol to appear and navigate to the Insert tab.
- Press the Symbols button in the Symbols group, then select “More Symbols” from the drop-down menu.
- The Symbol dialogue box will be shown. This window is a symbol library for Microsoft Word.
- Find the bullet point character in the symbol collection.
- Use the Subset dropdown option to view various sorts of symbols to quickly locate this symbol. The bullet or point symbol may be found in the “General punctuation” subset.
- Click on the symbol to select it, then click on the insert button.
2.Use The Alt Codes
All Microsoft Word characters have a unique identifier called alt codes that may be used to enter the symbols into Word. Follow the steps below to put the bullet point icon into Word using the Alt Code:
- Insert the insertion cursor where you wish the symbol to appear.
- Press the alt code i.e 0149 for the bullet point symbol on keyboard while holding down the Alt key.
- Now, let go of the Alt key.
- When you let go of the Alt key, the symbol will appear in your Word document precisely where the cursor was.
3.Use The Autocorrect Method
The AutoCorrect feature in Word may be used to insert the Bullet Point symbol. It is a tool for correcting spelling errors, such as hieght to height. You may use this approach to assign a shortcut to the bullet point text symbol.
What makes this technique appealing is that you can assign whatever code you want to the symbol, and Word will gladly insert it for you anytime you write the assigned code.
- Click Symbol on the Insert tab, then More Symbols. The Symbol dialogue box will pop up.
- Find the Bullet Point icon and click it to choose it.
- To open the AutoCorrect dialogue, click the AutoCorrect button.
- Enter the text you wish to use as a shortcut in the AutoCorrect dialogue box.
- Click OK after clicking Add.
- When you input the predefined shortcut, Word will immediately insert the Bullet Point symbol into your page.
However, if there is any content before or after the AutoCorrect text, Word will make it part of the text and will not convert it to the Bullet Point symbol.
Ways To Insert Bullet Point Icon In Mac
Using bullets can help you arrange things or highlight key details more easily while writing an email or giving a presentation. Here’s how you can do it with Mac:
1.Use Mac Character Viewer
When you want more than a simple black bullet, utilise the Mac’s Character Viewer to see a comprehensive assortment of symbols and emojis.
- Choose one and insert it into a text box or document.
- Select Emoji & Symbols from the Edit option on the menu bar at the top of any programme to access this tool.
- Alternatively, you may access the Character Viewer by hitting the Spacebar+Control+Command buttons simultaneously.
- When the Character Viewer appears, put “bullet” into the search area to see a list of bullet styles, or choose Bullets/Stars from the sidebar. Place your cursor on the document’s desired place and click the bullet you wish to add to it.
2.Use Bullet Point Mac Shortcut
The simplest method to insert a basic bullet into text is to use Mac keyboard shortcuts, which require clicking two or more keys at the same time.
On a Mac, set the mouse where you want the bullet and use the Option+8 keyboard command to create a normal solid black bullet point.